Sunday, August 28, 2016

Playing with stencils 1

Yesterday I had my monthly meeting at ACTSA (ACT stamp Artists), It's a fun group we have Lana from Keep It Simply Stamping (KISS) who comes every meeting and always has lot's of goodies for us to buy from lot's of different companies including Ranger, TCW, Stazon etc. so we get our retail therapy.
 We also have demonstrations, Yesterday we had a back to basics on stencilling, demoed by Tania Shaw and Pam Palmer, We also had steam punk  demoed by Mary Craddock and Jess Hawkins. Both the demos were fab and we had printed notes so we could play at home.
 We also had a lovely afternoon supplied by our wonderful events group.
There is always lot's of people to chat with, along with a Raffle and a card challenge....
 Anyone living in the Canberra area who loves paper crafts should come along and join the fun, the first meeting is free, then you can join or if you only want to come sometimes pay a small fee when you visit. Yearly membership is $70 or it is $12 per visit

Venue: Canberra Senior's Centre, 10 Watson St. Turner. ACT
Keep It Simply Stamping: Lana 02 62540661

 yesterday I took my mate Ruth there for the first time and she had a really good time...
When we went home we decided to have a play with my stencils and these are the cards I made


To make these Cards I used
GSR stencil Flock of Butterflies (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
Tim Holtz Distress ink Ground Espresso and Fossilized amber (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
white card (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
gold ink
mini ink blending tools (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
stipple brushes
gold embossing Powder (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
Penny Black Snippets 30-283 (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
Penny Black Heartfelt thanks 30-286 (bought from Lana - Keep It Simply Stamping)
I also used a Stampit it set which is no longer available
I also used and assortment of paper and card from my stash


this one I tapped the stipple brush through stencil


This one swirled the stipple brush

This one I used my mini ink blending tools

No comments:

Post a Comment