Thursday, February 11, 2016

Melted crayon technique part 2

Next step I did was to play with some different mediums on the backgrounds...



some of the things I did didn't photograph very well but I'll try show as best I can..


On these ones I used embossing folders then somewhite glue over themto give a glossy texture




the next one was dry embossed in an embossing folder, but I didn't seal it with any glue so it has a matt finish



I used an embossing folder on the next 4 too, then I swiped them with a versamark ink pad, (you need to make sure you do this gently so only to get ink on the raised parts, you can brush off the powder with a paintbrush if it gets in the wrongs spots, although I didn't mind a little bit here and there as it added to the distressed look) I used clear embossing powder and heat set it, the first 3 cards I then used a mini ink blending tool and Brilliance Graphite black pigment ink, it easily wipes off the embossing, the 4th card I left with just the clear embossing





The next 3 I stamped with stazon black ink..


then I started playing with stencils..
for this one I used a mini ink blending tool with Brilliance Graphite black and a Tim Holts stencil


for the next two I used the Tim Holtz stencil again for one and a TCW stencil for the other with Ranger texture paste transparent gloss.. I hope you can see this, they look way better in real life..




For the next two I once again used stencils, One from Tim Holtz and one from TCW, but this time I used Jo Sonja's texture paste



Lastly I used Jo Sonja's Crackle medium for the last 2 and some Tim Holtz  vintage photo distress ink applied with a mini ink  blending tool.. these are hard to see though


I had a lot of fun playing with these... next I'll make some cards.. I will put them on my blog when finished..

No comments:

Post a Comment